Filtration systems and filters for filtration systems intended to be integrated into machinery cabins in Annex V Directive 2006/42/EC
Annex V provides an indicative list of 17 safety components, which are products independently placed on the market and which meet the definition of 'safety component' set out in Article 2 (c) of the Machinery Directive.
Indicative list of the safety components referred to in Article 2(c):
1. Guards for removable mechanical transmission devices.
2. Protective devices designed to detect the presence of persons.
3. Power-operated interlocking movable guards designed to be used as safeguards in machinery referred to in items 9, 10 and 11 of Annex IV.
4. Logic units to ensure safety functions.
5. Valves with additional means for failure detection intended for the control of dangerous movements on machinery.
6. Extraction systems for machinery emissions.
7. Guards and protective devices designed to protect persons against moving parts involved in the process on the machinery.
8. Monitoring devices for loading and movement control in lifting machinery.
9. Restraint systems to keep persons on their seats.
10. Emergency stop devices.
11. Discharging systems to prevent the build-up of potentially dangerous electrostatic charges.
12. Energy limiters and relief devices referred to in sections 1.5.7, 3.4.7 and 22.214.171.124 of Annex I.
13. Systems and devices to reduce the emission of noise and vibrations.
14. Roll-over protective structures (ROPS).
15. Falling-object protective structures (FOPS).
16. Two-hand control devices.
17. Components for machinery designed for lifting and/or lowering persons between different landings and included in the following list:
(a) devices for locking landing doors;
(b) devices to prevent the load-carrying unit from falling or unchecked upwards movement;
(c) overspeed limitation devices;
(d) energy-accumulating shock absorbers, - non-linear, or - with damping of the return movement;
(e) energy-dissipating shock absorbers;
(f) safety devices fitted to jacks of hydraulic power circuits where these are used as devices to prevent falls;
(g) electric safety devices in the form of safety switches containing electronic components.
The list given in Annex is not exclusive and other components that comply with the definition set out in Article 2 (c) are to be considered as a safety component subject to the Machinery Directive. Such components are:
- Filtration systems, intended to be integrated into machinery cabins, in order to protect operators or other persons against hazardous materials and substances, and
- Filters for these filtration systems
Note: this document, as WG-2015.15, has been approved by the Machinery
Working Group in May 2015