Centrifugal Pumps for Petroleum, Petrochemical and Natural Gas Industries
ISO 13709:2009 (Identical), Centrifugal pumps for petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries
API Standard 610/ISO 13709
This International Standardspecifies requirements for centrifugalpumps, including pumps running in reverse as hydraulic power recovery turbines,for use in petroleum, petrochemical and gas industry process services.
This International Standard is applicable to over hung pumps,between-bearings pumps and vertically suspended pumps (see Table 1).
Clause provides requirements applicable to specificty pes of pumps.
All other clauses of this International Standardar e applicableto all pump types. Illustrations are provided of the various specific pump types and the designations assigned to each specific type.
Relevant industry operating experience suggests pumps produced to this International Standard are cost effective when pump ingliquids at conditions exceeding anyone ofthefollowing:
- dischargepressure (gauge) 1 900 kPa(275 psi; 19,0 bar)
- suction pressure (gauge) 500 kPa(75 psi; 5,0 bar)
- pumping temperature 150 oC (300 oF)
- rotative speed 3 600 r/min
- rated totalhead 120 m(400ft)
- impeller diameter, overhungpumps 330 mm(13 in)