ECDC / EU-OSHA, Rapporto tecnico, 5 maggio 2021
This document outlines the public health considerations for the use of rapid antigen detection tests (RADTs, including self-test RADTs to detect SARS-CoV-2 in individuals in occupational settings in the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA), and provides information on the use of such tests in an occupational safety and health at work context.
This document is not intended to provide recommendations, but to outline the available options for rapid testing to assist public health and occupational safety and health authorities in EU/EEA countries when developing their national guidelines for the prevention of SARS-CoV-2 infection in the workplace, building and consolidating information from previously published ECDC material, including:
- COVID-19 clusters and outbreaks in occupational settings in the EU/EEA and the UK;
- COVID-19 testing strategies and objectives;
- Infection prevention and control and preparedness for COVID-19 in healthcare settings - sixth update;
- Options for the use of rapid antigen tests for COVID-19 in the EU/EEA and the UK; and
- Considerations on the use of self-tests for COVID-19 in the EU/EEA.
In addition, this document provides a status report of policies implemented in an occupational safety and health context in EU/EEA countries, through an online survey distributed to the national Focal Points of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA) in April 2021.