Guidance on labelling and packaging in accordance with CLP | Draft Version 4.0 2018
Draft Version 4.0 May 2018
Guidance on labelling and packaging in accordance with Regulation (EC) N° 1272/2008
This document describes specific provisions for the labelling and packaging of chemical substances and mixtures under Titles III and IV of the Regulation (EC) N° 1272/2008 (the CLP Regulation or “CLP”). The aim of this document is to assist manufacturers, importers, downstream users and distributors of substances and mixtures in the effective application of the CLP Regulation.
This guidance includes relevant amendments from the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 8th 6 Adaptations to Technical Progress (ATPs) to the CLP Regulation, as well as the changes brought about by the ATP to the CLP Regulation related to labelling and packaging of liquid laundry detergents in a soluble packaging for single use (Regulation (EU) N° 1297/2014).
Version 4.0XXX 2018 Full revision of the guidance.
Main changes in the guidance document include the following:
- Addition of a new section 6.2 describing the labelling of multi-component products with label examples;
- Deletion of the outdated paragraph “Limited derogation for re-labelling and re-packaging” in Section 2.4 and deletion of outdated section 3.4 on the “Differences between CLP and DSD/DPD labelling rules”;
- Editorial changes and reformatting of the document;
- “Preamble” renamed “Preface” and moved before the table of contents;
- Update of broken and outdated hyperlinks;
- Renumbering of tables and figures.