BREF Common Waste Water and Waste Gas Treatment/Management Systems in the Chemical Sector
|ID 10835 | | Visite: 2603 | Documenti Ambiente UE||Permalink: https://www.certifico.com/id/10835|
Best Available Techniques (BAT) Reference Document for Common Waste Water and Waste Gas Treatment/Management Systems in the Chemical Sector.
Industrial Emissions Directive 2010/75/EU (Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control)
The BAT reference document (BREF) entitled 'Common Waste Water and Waste Gas Treatment/Management Systems in the Chemical Sector' forms part of a series presenting the results of an exchange of information between EU Member States, the industries concerned, non-governmental organisations promoting environmental protection, and the Commission, to draw up, review and, where necessary, update BAT reference documents as required by Article 13(1) of the Directive 2010/75/EU on industrial emissions.
This document is published by the European Commission pursuant to Article 13(6) of the Directive.
This BREF for Common Waste Water and Waste Gas Treatment/Management Systems in the Chemical Sector concerns the activities specified in Sections 4 and 6.11 of Annex I to Directive 2010/75/EU, namely:
- Section 4: Chemical industry;
- Section 6.11: Independently operated treatment of waste water not covered by Council Directive 91/271/EEC and discharged by an installation undertaking activities covered under Section 4 of Annex I to Directive 2010/75/EU.
This document also covers the combined treatment of waste water from different origins if the main pollutant load originates from the activities covered under Section 4 of Annex I to Directive 2010/75/EU. In particular, this document covers the following issues:
- environmental management systems; - water saving; - waste water management, collection, and treatment;
- waste management;
- treatment of waste water sludge with the exception of incineration;
- waste gas management, collection, and treatment;
- diffuse emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) to air;
- odour emissions;
- noise emissions. Important issues for the implementation of Directive 2010/75/EU in the chemical industry are emissions to air and water.
This BREF contains six chapters. Chapter 1 provides general information on waste water and waste gas.
Chapter 2 provides data and information concerning the environmental performance of waste water treatment plants (WWTPs) at chemical sites.
Chapter 3 describes in more detail the techniques to prevent or, where this is not practicable, to reduce the environmental impact of operating installations in this sector that were considered in determining the BAT. This information includes, where relevant, the environmental performance levels (e.g. emission and consumption levels) which can be achieved by using the techniques, the associated monitoring and the costs and the cross-media issues associated with the techniques.
Chapter 4 presents the BAT conclusions as defined in Article 3(12) of the Directive.
Chapter 5 presents information on 'emerging techniques' as defined in Article 3(14) of the Directive.
Chapter 6 is dedicated to concluding remarks and recommendations for future work.
add more in attachment
|BREF Common Waste Water and Waste Gas Treatment-Management Systems in the Chemical Sector 2016.pdf