ADR Accordo multilaterale M303: batterie litio in elettrodomestici
22 Maggio 2017: siglato Italia
Accordo Multilaterale M303 nell'ambito della sezione 1.5.1 ADR riguardante il trasporto di accumulatori e batterie al litio installate in elettrodomestici provenienti da privati raccolte e consegnate per il trasporto per depolarizzazione, smontaggio, riciclaggio o smaltimento.
L'accordo prevede che gli accumulatori e le batterie al litio installate in elettrodomestici provenienti da privati raccolte e consegnate per il trasporto per depurazione, smontaggio, riciclaggio o smaltimento non sono soggette alle disposizioni dell'ADR, comprese le disposizioni speciali 376 e 22.214.171.124.7 , purché:
- non siano la fonte di alimentazione principale per il funzionamento dell'apparecchiatura in cui sono contenuti;
- l'apparecchiatura in cui sono contenuti non contenga alcuna altra pila o batteria al litio utilizzata come fonte di alimentazione principale; e
- sia permessa la loro protezione dall'apparecchiatura in cui sono contenuti.
Multilateral Agreement M303 under section 1.5.1 ADR concerning the carriage of lithium cells or batteries installed in equipment from private households collected and handed over for carriage for depollution, dismantling, recycling or disposal.
(1) By derogation from the provisions of ADR applicable to the carriage of
UN No. 3091 LITHIUM METAL BATTERIES CONTAINED IN EQUIPMENT
UN No. 3481 LITHIUM ION BATTERIES CONTAINED IN EQUIPMENT,
including special provision 636 (b) in Chapter 3.3;
(a) Lithium cells and batteries installed in equipment from private households collected and handed over for carriage for depollution, dismantling, recycling or disposal may be carried as not subject to the provisions of ADR, including special provision 376 and paragraph 126.96.36.199.7, provided that:
(i) They are not the main power source for the operation of the equipment in which they are contained;
(ii) The equipment in which they are contained does not contain any other lithium cell or battery used as the main power source; and
(iii) They are afforded protection by the equipment in which they are contained.
Examples of cells and batteries covered by this paragraph are button cells used for data integrity in household appliances (e.g. refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers) or in other electrical or electronic equipment.
(b) Up to the intermediate processing facility lithium cells and batteries contained in equipment from private households not meeting the requirements of (a) collected and handed over for carriage for depollution, dismantling, recycling or disposal may be carried as not subject to the provisions of ADR, including special provision 376 and paragraph 2.2.9. 1.7, ifthe following conditions are met:
(i) The equipment is packed in accordance with packing instruction P 909 of 188.8.131.52 except for the additional requirements 1 and 2; or it is packed in strong outer packagings, e.g. specially designed collection receptacles, which meet the following requirements:
- The packagings shall be constructed of suitable material and be of adequate strength and design in relation to the packaging capacity and its intended use.
The packagings need not meet the requirements of 184.108.40.206; Appropriate measures shall be taken to m1mm1ze the damage of the equipment when filling and handling the packaging, e.g. use of rubber mats;
- The packagings shall be constructed and closed so as to prevent any loss of contents during carriage, e.g. by lids, strong inner liners, covers for transport.
Openings designed for filling are acceptable if they are constructed so as to prevent loss of content.
(ii) A quality assurance system is in place to ensure that the total amount of lithium cells or batteries per transport unit does not exceed 333 kg;
NOTE: The total quantity of lithium cells and batteries in the equipment from private households may be assessed by means of a statistical method included in the quality assurance system. A copy of the quality assurance records shall be made available to the competent authority upon request.
(iii) Packages are marked "LITHIUM BATTERIES FOR DISPOSAL" or "LITHIUM BATTERIES FOR RECYCLING" as appropriate.
If equipment containing lithium cells or batteries is carried unpackaged or on pallets in accordance with packing instruction P 909 (3) of 220.127.116.11, this mark may alternatively be affixed to the external surface of the vehicles or containers.
NOTE: "Equipment from private households" means equipment which comes from private households and equipment which comes from commercial, industrial, institutional and other sources which, because of its nature and quantity, is similar to that from private households. Equipment likely to be used by both private households and users other than private households shall in any event be considered to be equipment from private households.
(2) This agreement shall be valid until 31 December 2018 for carriage on the territories of the ADR Contracting Parties signatory to this Agreement. If it is revoked before that date by one of the signatories, it shall remain valid until the above mentioned date only for carriage on the territories of those ADR Contracting Parties signatory to this Agreement which have not revoked it.
Bonn, 16 November 2016
The competent authority for ADR ofthe Federal Republic of Germany For the Federal Ministry of Transport And Digital Infrastructur
Date of expiry: 1 January 2019